Water heaters are a convenient and now almost mandatory household commodity. Created in the 1800s, people have been privileged with getting hot water on demand for centuries, so when your water heater breaks and you are suddenly stuck with only cold water, it can be annoying. If you need water heater repair in San Jose, CA, call Miracle Plumbing Inc. at (408) 599-7108.
Do You Need Water Heater Repair?
Water heaters have a lifespan of about 10 years. As they approach that decade mark, noticeable signs of maintenance appear. Here are things to look out for to indicate that your water heater needs repairs or to be needs to be replaced entirely.
If you notice water pooling around the base of your water heater, a few things could be to blame. It could be the drip pan, temperature and pressure valve, or cracks in the tank. The temperature and pressure valve releases steam to help reduce pressure inside the tank, which creates a normal amount of condensation on the tank. Too much water though, indicates that the valve is broken. Cracks form in the tank over time because the metal heater expands and contracts every time the water inside is heated up. While a valve issue usually means just a simple repair, cracks and leaking mean it’s time for a whole new replacement.
Rusty and corroded pipes not only slow the flow of water, but the chemicals can actually end up in your water supply. Corrosion is caused by the minerals found in water building up on the pipes, slowly eating away at the metal plumbing until there are tiny holes where water can escape through.
Sometimes a water heater can make noise as the water moves, boils, or the blower is simply working hard. But if the tank is shaking from the pipes and gears having to perform so hard, it’s time for repairs. Clanking or popping noises is the sound of sediment that has formed along the bottom of the tank from the minerals in water. Investing in a water softener can solve this problem.
Are You Ready for Water Heater Repair?
- Tankless Water Heater Installation Tankless water heaters are a great alternative if you want more space but still the benefits of an electric water heater.
- Water Heater Replacement & Installation Is your water heater acting up? Call us today for repairs or installations to get your water heaters back to working properly.
- Propane & Gas Water Heater Replacement & Installation If you already have a gas line in your home, gas heaters are a great choice as they connect right to your gas lines and require no electrical installation.
- Electric Water Heater Replacement & Installation Electric water heaters are the most popular choice because of how much water gets heated and stored at one time.
- Water Heater Inspection & Testing Not sure if it’s time to replace your water heater or if it just needs some repairs? We perform intensive water heater inspections and tests.
- High Recovery Water Heaters High recovery water heaters reproduce used water quicker and is more beneficial for larger households.
- Heat Pump Water Heaters Heat pump water heaters don’t generate heat like electric water heaters but use heat to move the water to its intended location.
- Hot Water Heater Boosters If you like really, really hot showers, then hot water heater boosters are for you! They help to raise the temperature of already warm water.