Fill a Sink With Water and Use A Plunger on The Clogged Drain
Everyone has experienced a clogged drain before, whether it be the sink, toilet, or shower drain. While not fun, most clogged drains are easy to clear by themselves, but sometimes stubborn blockages require personal help with clogged drains cleaning services. If not taken care of at all, the clog moves past the drain deeper into the pipe, making people think the blockage has cleared. Really, it is now just preventing water and sewage from passing further down the piping, creating more build up. If a clog gets too big and too deep inside your water pipe or sewer line, it could put too much pressure on the piping and cause it to burst, requiring you to get sewer line repair. Avoid this happening by getting help clearing a clogged drain in San Jose, CA when you call Miracle Plumbing Inc. at (408) 599-7108 today.
Tips on How to Unclog a Drain
- Using a plunger, lighting suction the area until you notice that water surrounding the clog has drained. If the clog is in the sink, tub, or shower, fill up the bottom with water. Toilets will already have water.
- A hair strainer can be cheaply and easily bought at grocery stores. Place this in your shower drain to catch and tangle hair around the strainer to prevent it from getting stuck in the pipes.
- If you have metal pipes, pour boiling water down the clogged drain to melt away blockages. Don’t use warm water or pour boiling water down PVC pipes.
- Pour baking soda and vinegar down the drain to create a bubbling chemical sensation.
- Use a drain snake.
- Only use chemical drain cleaners if mixed with water or recommended by plumbers.
Clogged drains in your home seem to happen only when it’s a huge inconvenience. Clogged drains can cause standing water, funny smells, and embarrassing moments when not attended to properly. Luckily, the Miracle Plumbing Inc. team specializes in clogged drain repair throughout San Jose, CA to keep your water flowing properly. Call us today at (408) 599-7108 to schedule your appointment.
We Eliminate Your Clogs Fast to Get Your Water Flowing Again.
Preventing Clogged Drains
There are some ways that you can prevent clogged drains before they happen. Keeping these tips in mind can help you save cost and time down the road.
- Watch What Goes Down: Never put anything other than non-corrosive liquids down your drains. This will cause buildup fast and may damage your pipe system as well.
- Keep Your Roof Maintained: Sometimes, stubborn drain clogs are caused by lack of airflow from roof vent damage. A roofing professional can repair your roof and vent damage to provide optimal water flow.
- Maintain Your Drains and Pipes: Regularly flush your drains with hot soapy water to keep gunk and buildup away. Use a snake to unjam stubborn minor clogs that can lead to larger problems later.
Clogged Drain Service Experts Serving San Jose, CA
When you suspect that your drains are clogged, call the Miracle Plumbing Inc. experts for reliable drain clog repair throughout the San Jose, CA area. We provide a comprehensive inspection to ensure that all of your damages are identified and discuss all of your repair solutions for service that fits your needs. Call us today at (408) 599-7108 for drain repair in San Jose, CA that you can trust.
If you’ve decided to remodel your bathroom, you’ll find out just how many variations of every product there is and how many options there are to choose from. If you are needing new sinks, but are not sure which kind of model would be best, here are a few different types.
Basin/ Vessel Sinks
The Undermount Sink Is Easy To Clean But Difficult To Replace and Repair
This trendy bowl sits on top of the counter with the faucet perched on top of the rim. While nice to look at, it can be a mess when washing and drying hands as water flies everywhere because the faucet is so close to the edge.
For a classic and elegant look, pedestal sinks are a great choice. They don’t provide counter space, so installation of counters or purchase of shelves would be needed if you need more storage.
Similar to the drop-in sink, the undermount sink doesn’t have a rim so it appears to give a seamless look with the counter. It is easy to clean but difficult to replace and repair.
A wall-mounted sink doesn’t have a base and has its pipes exposed, so you can see it hanging on the wal. This is the best option for tight spaces as you can put a rack underneath it for more storage space.
This is probably the sink you already have in your bathroom counter. If the rim of the sink is parallel or sits above the counter, but the sink is inside the counter, then you have a drop in sink. This type of bowl is good for catching dripping water when drying hands.
If you need sinks and faucet installation or repair in San Jose, CA, call Miracle Plumbing Inc. at (408) 599-7108 today.
Every Home Deserves The Water Pressure They Expect.
Have you noticed the water is not coming out of your faucets with the pressure you would like? This is an issue many homeowners have. While at times it may be a personal preference, water pressure can be caused by other, more serious issues within your home plumbing. If you notice low water pressure, it is important to have your plumber complete an inspection to determine the cause of your low water pressure.
Possible Water Pressure Issues
- Your Water Is Turned Off At The Valve – While it may seem silly, if the main shut off valve is turned it may reduce the amount of water that comes into your home. There are also valves around your plumbing fixtures that could be shut off.
- You Have A Damaged Pipe – A damaged, clogged, or worn pipe within your plumbing can cause many problems for your home. These issues can stop or redirect water away from your home.
- Your Pump is Failing – If you have a well, a big concern could be your well pump. This pump helps get water to your home, but if it is damaged it can reduce or stop the flow of water that you need.
If you have water pressure issues that do not coincide with any of the above problems, you may want to consider a water pressure booster. These systems can work in tandem with your home plumbing to get you the water and pressure you need for your daily routines. Want more information about how a water booster pump may better your home plumbing in San Jose, CA? Call Miracle Plumbing Inc. today at (408) 599-7108 and speak to our experts!
While wells are less commonly seen today, they are still around. Extremely durable and consistent, wells are a great alternative to water lines in your home. Here are some benefits of having your own water well on your property.
No More Water Bills
Wells Means No Monthly Water Bill!
Since you are supplying your own water, the city cannot tax you anymore for using its water. This can save you hundreds of dollars every year and you can use as much water as you want. The only downside is that your well water will not be filtered and treated like the city does, so you will have to buy equipment that does that.
Since the water is coming from a specific spot on your property, it will taste different due to the things around it that could affect it, like types of soil or foliage. Also setting the level of filtration or even what type of filter you get that removes certain chemicals can affect taste. If don’t get a water softener, your water will have minerals in it that will affect the taste as well.
Citizens often take city water for granted. They find this out when a water main gets busted or the water treatment facility has to issue a public health warning. With your own well, you get water when you want it, not having to worry about outside interruptions.
If you have a well and need well water treatment services in San Jose, CA, contact Miracle Plumbing Inc. at (408) 599-7108 today.